Customer story: Closer to our customers
Are We Really
Closer to Our Clients?
The current financial market is influenced by newly-established banks, new digital technologies, mainly cloud and mobile, and changing customer behavior. Even with the biggest branch network and highest density of ATMs and POSs, the question for Česká spořitelna is "Are we really closer to each of our customers and prospects?" as our tagline suggests and promises. To answer this question positively, Česká spořitelna has to be achieving the following:
- Accessibility and availability of the service at times expected by customers
- Maximum coverage of the population, meeting its market potential
- Optimal coverage of the market with low level of overlaps
- Reconfiguration of the current network without risks of customer churn and decrease in customer experience
- Chosen format of the sale unit tailored to the needs and potential of the location and its catchment area
- Overall validation in keeping the company tagline "We are closer to you"
Insights for Getting
Closer to Customers
Česká spořitelna’s data is processed and stored in multiple systems and includes tremendous amounts of data about branch visits, ATM operations, and payments via credit and debit cards.
Managers of network branches were missing easy ways to combine the data from different silos, analyze it based on particular business needs, and display it in an easy-to-understand form.
CleverMaps combined all internal data with external demographic data such as purchase power or migration within regions and provided network management departments with the following insights:
- Real catchment areas of each branch
- Overlaps with both internal and external competition
- Overview of activities of clients in different times and regions
- Market potential for each branch
- Real market share
- Market penetration of key products
CleverMaps brought new metrics, both for each branch and for common and custom administrative divisions of the market.
CleverMaps presented the Edenred sales team with a bespoke database of relevant, eligible businesses as earmarked in their acquisition plan. The campaign ended up being 25% more successful than previous non-location targeting campaigns.
Bolstered by their collaboration with CleverMaps, the Edenred sales team have subsequently employed new smart-selling strategies to ensure they invest in more relevant campaign targeting.